HOW TO WELCOME FROM JAPAN EARTHQUAKE
As usual I was always checking emails in both Gmail and Yahoo and it turns out there is an interesting discussion there, incoming mail from mailing Social Work Club at Yahoo are discussing how other countries, especially Japan overcome or prevent the onset of a disaster victim.
Here’s how the Japanese people to save themselves from the quake, which of course
we should emulate: earthquake preparedness kit
1. Japan Society diligent disaster training. Near the door, they prepare a backpack containing bottled water, dry food or canned food, medicines P3K, cash, clothes drier, radio, flashlight, and some replacement batteries.
The public can add supplements, glasses, special medicines or baby food in their special bag. Earthquake rescue tools even sold in supermarkets.
2. Training is done routinely face of disaster, and even made
special subjects in elementary schools.
3. Intellectual Japan partly diinvestsasikan to build earthquake-resistant buildings and infrastructure. Expensive yes, but according to experts, this policy proved to have saved thousands of lives.
4. The local government or local government trained specifically to announce the disaster and evacuate quickly. They are also trained to distribute food and blankets at shelters.
5. Society of Japan know they have to protect the head with a strong table, so as not to fall of hard objects. Then, under cover of the table, it was, they quickly shut off the gas flow, and make sure the door remains open to reduce the risk of trapped among the wreckage.
6. Japan’s population is recommended to save the shoes under the bed and bicycles in the yard. Shoes for securing feet from broken glass. While the bicycle is the most appropriate means of transportation during the earthquake.
7. Japanese society to enable earthquake alert on his mobile phone. Children in schools have fire-retardant protective headgear at his desk each. Not only that, advanced earthquake simulator is also used to familiarize children with the tremor.
8. The Government of Japan to make sure the center of nuclear energy and an electric train will automatically shut down when the earth trembled within certain limits.
Quite interesting is not, they can be quickly learned. Here’s also a snippet of VIVA News.
795,000 people, including the prime minister, disaster simulation participate each September 1. The earthquake that occurs continuously in Indonesia should be enough to sensitize the public, how vulnerable we are to the disaster area.
We must be more vigilant. Nothing wrong we learn from Japan, a country that too often hit by earthquakes, has more than 100 volcanoes, and beaten typhoons each year. Living under threat of death is the nature of Japanese society.
However, they did not give up. Experience the face of catastrophe and awareness of the threat of earthquakes makes the government and the country’s society sunrise was preparing for disaster better than other countries.
“Earlier times, Japanese conditions such as Southeast Asia when hit by the disaster,” said Professor of Gunma University, and head of the research laboratory of disasters, Professor Toshitaka Katada, as published by the Manila Bulletin.
“Thousands of people are killed every year. It keeps going until about 50
years ago, “he added.
The Japanese government then act. Since the cyclone in 1959 that killed 5,000 people, the mortality rate dropped to hundreds and even a dozen. Exception, the earthquake in Kobe in 1995 that killed 6,400 people.
After the disaster of Kobe, alertness and vigilance intensified. “The government has always tried to protect the citizens of the disaster, as a form of
state responsibility,” he said.
Forms of accountability are achieved by building dikes in
rivers, and build a protective wall of floods and landslides, and even tsunamis.
Not only that, disaster training done seriously. “Around 795,000 people, including the prime minister, participated in disaster simulation per 1 September, on the same day in 1923, a massive earthquake occurred Kanto that killed 140,000 people in Tokyo,” added Katada.
Japan had the best early warning system in the world. In addition, good governance and law enforcement also be a crucial factor lifesaving Japanese society. Meaning? The possibility of building a small school or a hospital collapsed during the quake. Therefore, public facilities built without skittish and corruption of the organizers of the country.